Your Aggressive And Compassionate Advocates Are Here To Help Guide You Through A Challenging Legal System

Retirement Investments And Divorce

You work hard on your investment portfolio. Your retirement account is built on your excellent performance at work. Like other assets, investments will be examined and determined as to whether they are part of the marital estate and, if so, how they would be divided.

At , we’ve helped wealthy individuals from Angleton and across Brazoria County through many divorce problems. Our clients turn to us because we’ve built a reputation for cost-effective and successful property division representation. Our attorneys are thorough, detailed and ready to take on any situation.

How The Marital Estate Works In Texas

With certain exceptions, the assets you accumulate as a married couple are considered as part of the marital estate. Depending on the existence of any possible prenuptial agreements and factors such as how an asset was acquired or handled during the marriage, the marital estate can include:

  • Income
  • Savings accounts
  • Properties
  • Businesses
  • Investments
  • Retirement accounts

Investments and retirement accounts are possibly the most complex of these items to go through division. In the sense of an investment account, even if it predates your marriage, contributions and to, and gains from those contributions, are divisible under the law.

Employer-provided retirement accounts are likewise divisible, and this can take a court order to achieve. Dividing these accounts is not only difficult, but it is also frustrating to you, who may have worked so hard for so long on these assets.

We Understand Your Frustrations And Will Represent Your Interests

Our team makes it a priority to get to know everything about the issues our clients find most important. We understand the law, and we act as a bridge between your needs and the legal realities ahead. Reach out to us for more information about our firm and to find out how we can help you. You can reach us by phone at 979-431-1268 or by email using this form.