Helping Texans Navigate The Guardianship Process From Start To Finish
Guardianship is not a responsibility to be taken lightly. Neither is the process of securing or contesting guardianship. The guardianship attorneys at Jeff Gilbert Law Office treat every case with the respect, care and preparation that is due. Whether the situation involves a minor or an incapacitated adult, we can help.
With more than three decades of experience under their belts, our lawyers will work hard toward your loved one’s best interests. Our job is to help make sure they are responsibly protected.
Trust our firm to help direct all your guardianship needs. For a consultation, call 979-431-1268 today.
How We Can Help You
You may be considering seeking guardianship, or you could have concerns about an established guardianship over your loved one. Our team is available to guide you through the process.
Our attorneys can represent you in all types of guardianship matters, including:
- Guardianship proceedings for adults with special needs
- Guardianship proceedings for adults with disabilities or incapacities
- Guardianship proceedings for minors with special needs who are turning 18
- Finalizing guardianship over a minor when a parent is no longer able to act on behalf of his or her child (as a result of death or otherwise). We can also guide guardians through these new responsibilities.
- Alternatives to guardianship, such as:
- Revocable trusts
- Directives to physicians
- Supported decision-making agreements
- Durable powers of attorney for financial or health care decisions
There are many hurdles in the guardianship process, and giving someone control over another person’s rights is a major decision. Therefore, legal representation is crucial when seeking or disputing guardianship.