- Family Law
Suzanna Johnson grew up as a “military brat.” She was born in San Antonio, Texas, and shortly after, her father’s service provided her a unique childhood full of travel – from Texas to Germany to Japan, before finally settling in Tampa, Florida, where she lived prior to relocating back to Texas.
She received her Bachelor Degree in Psychology, with minors in Religious Studies and Business Law from Stetson University. From there, she attended and graduated from LSU Law. While at LSU Law, she was a member of the BLSA (Black Law Student Association) Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team and was also invited as a student member of the Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court. After graduation, she returned to Tampa where she has practiced for the last 10 years.
She began her practice representing mortgage lenders in real property litigation, before opening her own practice, where she represented individuals in the areas of family law and estate planning. After almost four years, and four months before the COVID 19 Pandemic, Suzanna began working with the Florida Office of the Attorney General, handling IV-D child support matters. Shortly thereafter, she returned to private practice, working exclusively representing men in family law litigation. During her time in Florida, she was an active member of the Stann W. Givens Family Law Inn of Court, a member of the Florida Bar Marital and Family Law Section and the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
She was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2021 and has since returned to her home state of Texas where she focuses her practice again exclusively in representing individuals in family law matters.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Activities: BLSA (Black Law Student Association), Member
- Activities: Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team, Member
- Honors: Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court, Student Member
- Stetson University, DeLand, FL
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Business Law
- Minor: Religious Studies
- Texas, 2021
- Florida, 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- The Florida Bar
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Marital and Family Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy Class V, Member
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Star – Part of Thompson Reuters 2018 and 2019
- Family Law 100%